Monday, April 16, 2007

Coping With Change

Recently it has occured to me that when one gets into a relationship, it is recognized by many as a HUGE change. This is valid, but it is also interesting how many things (habitual things) that a person does do not change but some people seem to think that they have.

It's quite humorous really. While being in a relationship has affected how I manage my time and what kind of mood I'm generally in, I still brush my teeth the same way and eat the same food and stuff. It is so AMAZING how people choose now to notice my little quirks and habbits.
To break it down, here's a list of things I've always done but people are just now making comments about because I'm in a relationship and it's "cute":

-Folding laundry neatly
-Making my bed
-Mating pairs of socks
-Doing dishes
-Other house-keeping things (Because Kate *must* be coming over)
-Eating mints
-Using lip balm
-Wearing clothes that *gasp* actually match
-Wait, I'm making a phone call...I *must* be calling Kate

So many things and I believe the list will grow. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but isn't this amusing? I can only imagine what her friends are accusing her of doing different right now.

Wait, this is my second post in one week! Now that might be different for me.

No comments: